Sunday, August 10, 2008

Shorts!


Well, it's Sunday evening. We had a nice, but busy weekend. There were a few tense moments, but we made it through.

We agreed to tell ALL, right? Ok, just checking. I was very disappointed that I have not lost a single pound in the past week. I was hoping for at least a one pound lost...but to no avail.

I worked out today for the first time at our local gym, Heavyweight Gym & Aerobics. After my workout, on the way out, I stopped at the scale. Dag nabit! Same weight. I was stumped. My only excuse is that my monthly visitor is in town. Other than that, I have no idea. *sad*

10:45am - (breakfast with the in-laws) 2 scrambled eggs with a little white cheese, two small pork chops, a couple of potato slices, two spoonfuls of refried beans
2:00pm - cheese stick
3:00pm - low fat drinkable mixed berry yogurt

4-4:50pm -- workout at the gym
elliptical trainer, 2 mins (LOL)
overhead press, 10lbs, 3 sets of 10 reps
leg press, 60lbs, 3 sets of 12 reps
rotary torso, 40lbs, 2 set of 10 reps for each side (left, then right)
chest press, 3 sets of 10 reps
abdominal, 2 sets of 10 reps at 40 lbs, 2 sets of 10 reps at 60lbs
angle leg lift, 24lbs, 2 sets of 10 reps
angle calf lift, 24lbs, 2 sets of 10 reps
lying down leg press(?), 60lbs, 3 sets of 10 reps
lower back lift, 40lbs, 3 sets of 10 reps
pectoral, 24lbs, 3 sets of 10 reps

5:15pm - about 2oz of chicken salad
6:45pm - chicken breast, very small baked potato, cut green beans (fresh)

Okay, here's my plan for this week. There is a handy book that Manuel bought some time back called, "The Calorie King: Calorie Fat & Carbohydrate Counter." I'd like to start to incorporate numbers to my meal plan. This way I can know what my intake is. Even though I think I'm going to come in way below these numbers, this is what I've chosen. If I do come in below these numbers, then next week I'll move down to the 1500 calorie chart.

1800 cals & 50g of fat = 25% fat calorie intake
1800 cals & 210g of carbs - 47% carb calorie intake


Now. Here are the 5k's I've decided to participate in...for 2008.

Fiestas Patrias 5k Run/Walk
Saturday, 9-13-08
7 - 9am
$20 fee/person (includes t-shirt)
Seguin, TX

Vital Alliance 11th Annual
Organ & Tissue Donor Awareness Run/Walk
Saturday, 10-25-08
Brackenridge Park
Walk - $15 (includes t-shirt)
Run - $20 (includes t-shirt)

St. Jude's Ranch for Children
Jingle Bells 5k Run/Walk
Saturday, 12-13-08
Landa Park, New Braunfels TX
Walk/Run - $15 early registration
Begins at 9am

That's all for tonight! Thanks again to everyone who is stopping in to read! Nighty night!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so proud of you! Don't get down on yourself for not losing yet!
Remember to always weigh in at the same time. Plus there's about a 2lb daily weight flucuation. You should try to get measurements because often times you will lose inches sooner than weight. If you are weight training, remember that muscle weighs more than fat.
Don't get discouraged. Pay attention to how your clothes are fitting and before you know it you'll be hitting your goals.

Roni said...

keep it going girl! don't let that horrible scale bring you down. a friend of mine ate healtier for one month and never looked at the scale, skinny b#$%^ lost 5 lbs when the month was up. that's a healthy weigth loss! so keep you hed up!! literally, don't look down at that scale!

Unknown said...

Hey Jenni! Good job so far...looks like you are really paying attention to your food intake - not easy. I should know. So my training starts today. I decided I might do the Alzafar 5K Walk/Run on October 18. I will follow the Couch to 5K running plan that lasts 9 weeks. That puts the 9th week on Oct 13. Just in time for the Oct 18 walk/run. Registration starts 8/18. I'm trying to get Elisa to start also. Will keep you updated - HUGS - Les

Unknown said...

also...thanks for inspiring me to get this thing going :)